Friday 26 January 2018

Self branding project- week1

Monday

To start of the project of self branding, tasks were given in order to evaluate who we are as a person. The task was to ask people in the class of whom know you well to describe you, then for people of whom we didn't know as well to describe us/the first impressions of us. from the task, many different ideas were formed, to develop into more finalised ideas.




Tuesday

From the ideas given by peers on what they think about me, they were then thought about in order to gather a more solid idea for my branding. The ideas, were thought about in relation to what I want to address about myself in the branding. From the ideas given, I chose to focus on surface pattern as people of whom know me would say pattern as an initial thought. With choosing surface pattern, I knew one artist already of whom I admired and would love to have her lifestyle, however I needed more references and insight of the industry so I researched more into designers who do work of which I would love to create.

Wednesday

The key questions for the presentation were thought about. Thinking about what I would love to be known as, who I would love to work for/with, why I want to do it, where I would love to do it and if I had a month with no restrictions what would I be doing. From these questions the basis of my branding was found, in order to focus on the surface pattern, with reasoning of why I would like to do it and my ideal career situation within the aspect.

presentation reasonings

For the presentation I chose to use handwriting done in illustrator, for the titles, as it better suits my more illustrative design work. I chose to keep a more simple layout of a just white background to keep the simplistic design and for the content to be the focal point. For the designers that I am most inspired by, I featured a slide each for them with 4 pictures of which are my favourite artwork of theirs, in order to more visually show the aspiration of myself. Allowing, people to see my vision more.


No comments:

Post a Comment